ROASTED VEGGIES TAJINE
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time55 min
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time1 hr 20 min
- Serving Size4-6
- ¼ cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive
- oil, more for later
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp Harissa spice blend
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups canned whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ cup heaping chopped dried apricot
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth (or broth of your choice)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Handful fresh parsley leaves
In a large heavy pot or Dutch Oven, heat olive oil over medium heat until just shimmering. Add onions and increase heat to medium-high. Saute for 5 minutes, tossing regularly.
Add garlic and all the chopped veggies. Season with salt and spices. Toss to combine.
Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium-high heat, mixing regularly with a wooden spoon.
Add tomatoes, apricot and broth. Season again with just a small dash of salt.
Keep the heat on medium-high, and cook for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for another 20 to 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Stir in chickpeas and cook another 5 minutes on low heat.
Stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or harissa spice blend to your liking.
Transfer to serving bowls and top each with a generous drizzle of Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil. Serve hot with your favorite bread, couscous, or rice. Enjoy!