TANGERINE ORANGE CAKE
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time1 hr 25 min
- Serving Size16
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 1/3 cup of Moresh® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
Preheat oven to 350 and line and grease an 8×3 cake pan.
Combine all dry ingredients except espresso powder in a large bowl.
Dissolve espresso powder in milk. Combine espresso milk, olive oil, eggs, zest, and juice in a separate bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until smooth. Pour batter into pan and bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan for half an hour before turning out onto cooling rack.