- Grain-free Almond Flour Tart Shell
- 2 cups firmly packed finely ground blanched almond flour
- 6 tablespoons Moresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener*)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Dark Chocolate Olive Oil Filling9-10 ounces high-quality organic dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup Moresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Very lightly grease, with Moresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil olive oil, a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, add all of the crust ingredients and mix very well. The dough will be crumbly like sand and should come together when you squeeze in your hands. Add the crust mixture to the tart pan and press down firmly into the pan, evenly across the bottom and the sides. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and set. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the chocolate. Once melted, whisk in Moresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Whisk really well to combine. The mixture will be fairly liquid at first. Give it a stir every few minutes or so, to discourage any separation, until the mixture has thickened into a thick, syrupy consistency. Pour evenly into the prepared and cooled tart shell.
- Transfer the tart to the refrigerator to let the filling set for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers well-wrapped in the refrigerator. Serve the tart at cool room temperature. Top with a little whipped cream.