This delicious and nutritious Spicy Harissa Vegetable and Chickpea Stew is the perfect meal for busy weeknights! Packed with fresh vegetables, chickpeas, and spices, this one-pot meal is bursting with flavor and sure to become a weekly favorite. With just 10 minutes of prep and 30 minutes of cooking time, this vegan, gluten-free stew is easy to make and sure to satisfy.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Diet Category: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free
3 Tablespoons Moresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
5 Baby Gold Potatoes, diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
1 Eggplant, diced
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
1 can Chopped Tomatoes
3 Tablespoons Moresh Harissa with Lemon Chili Sauce
3 cups Vegetable Stock
1 can Chickpeas
2 Moresh Beldi Preserved Lemons
1/2 cup Moresh Dry & Cured Olives
Fresh Parsley, for garnish
Quinoa, to serve
- Heat a large pot on medium-high then add Moresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil. To the hot oil, add the diced onion, potato, bell pepper, and eggplant. Sauté on medium heat for 5-7 minutes stirring once or twice to brown the vegetables evenly.
- Next, add the minced garlic and spices and coat the vegetables well. Sauté for a couple of minced to bloom the spices in the hot oil then add the chopped tomatoes, Moresh Harissa with Lemon Chili Sauce, vegetable stock, and drained and rinsed canned chickpeas. Stir to combine then add a lid and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes and eggplant are fully cooked.
- Remove 2 Moresh Beldi Preserved Lemons from the jar then cut off the peel and remove the pulp. Keep the pulp for another recipe and thinly slice the peel for this recipe.
- Add the sliced Moresh Beldi Preserved Lemons peels and the Moresh Dry & Cured Olives to the stew and turn off the heat. Taste the stew and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Garnish the stew with fresh parsley and serve with a side of quinoa.