What’s better than a homemade pizza with a crisp, chewy crust supporting the delicious trio of tomatoes, basil, and creamy burrata cheese
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 8 slices
Diet Category: vegetarian
For the dough
1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 packet of instant yeast (0.25 oz)
1 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup Moresh extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
3-3.5 cups flour
For the topping
1/3 cup mayo or sour cream
1 medium onion
1 tsp honey
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped basil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
5 tbsp Moresh Basil flavored extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix lukewarm water with yeast and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes. Add the olive oil, salt and flour one cup at a time. Knead the dough for 3 minutes on a surface dusted with flour. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and let it rise for 1- 2 hours in a warm place until doubled in size.
- In a pan sauté the onions (cut lengthwise) with honey until translucent.
- In a medium bowl mix the tomatoes, chopped basil, garlic and Basil extra virgin olive oil , add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the pizza dough on a pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Top with mayo or sour cream, honey sautéed onions, parmesan cheese and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until the sides turn golden. Top with burrata cheese and fresh basil. Drizzle with more Basil EVOO if desired.